Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kidnappers, my first comic


Hi guys!

It's been a long time since I updated, and a lot has happened since then! I met Zombina and the Skeletones and gave Zombina the portrait I did of her. It was really fun! The show was awesome and there were dancing rockabillies everywhere. I got to hang out with them afterwards and was relieved to find out they are a laid back bunch, so that was cool.

Also, I moved from the Netherlands to Budapest, Hungary! I hope this will be a start to a great cosmopolitan life, changing country every 2 years or so until I'm old and boring :P

And remember the lil comic I was making? It took me a while to post it but here it is! :S It took so long because in hindsight I made many mistakes and it's kind of a vague story and probably the punchline is really odd and incomprehensible. But yea, failing is not new to me so why start feeling embarrassed now, right? So here's my little fuck up of a first comic. In case you're going to read it and you don't get it, here's the punchline: The building was a beauty school and those heads are these things are practice doll heads


Yea.. I'll work on those storytelling skills, I promise.

8 comments:

  1. I think its awesome! You actually did it, finished it and create something you wanted to do for a long time! It looks great, funny and cute! And I for one can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, at least put the image before you put your rant how fail it is. Let people make up their own mind.
    And don't give away the punchline before either.

    I don't agree anyways - I like the colors, I really like some of the character shots (especially the "i never listened" one). And I do find the story interesting - especially since I never really paid a thought to beauty schools :)

    It's not perfect - but wouldn't that be boring if you made your best comic in the first try. Just think of the room for improvement you have.
    For one I think there could be more dynamic shots - or just more variation than just the face showing an emotion. The part with the kite mixes it up better than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the emotion in the faces and bodies could be stronger. Especially the bodies could do more I think and I agree with Thomas on the ending, the last image could also be left out. I really laughed when I ended the comic and saw that those ghosts with heads under their arm came from a beauty school. Because I didn't read your explanation above and that way it is even more bizar (in my opinion more funny.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ Great!! Good work!! ♥
    I´m following your blog and it´s fantastic :D
    Kisses from Madrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should stop making blog posts when I'm feeling angsty! XD But yea,.. theres just so much room for improvement. I got some really interesting crits so far. Really look forward to test out me new knowledge.
    Thanks guys ^^

    And Hi new follower from Madrid, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Nadia! I like the way your comic looks and it was a nice and playful read. Your style reminds of the shorts stories similar to the Flight comics collection. I totally agree with you on the punch-line though! :D

    Keep on rocking, I am looking forward to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete